Thursday, October 8, 2015

Be Still

Why must we always be in such a rush? Run here, be there, do this, go see that. . . We are like falling leaves.  The slightest breeze blows us on to another adventure or experience.



Ours has become a world of constant motion.  Sometimes even those leaves rest in one place.  There is beauty in that.  Maybe there is wisdom in that for us too.  Maybe we just need to be still.  To rest in one place and enjoy it.

I remember visiting with Linda's Uncle Lawrence.  He lived on a farm.  There was always work to do.  Yet, everyday after lunch, if the weather permitted, Uncle Lawrence would take the time to just sit on the porch and rest for a while.  Sometimes I wonder how much happier we all would be if we sat on the porch more.




Take some time today to just be still.  See how it feels to do nothing for a few moments.  I think it will feel "real good"!



Cease striving and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalms 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment