Tuesday, March 1, 2016

My Hope!

Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.  And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.
Matthew 7: 24,25




Over the last several days I, like many in America, have struggled with voting in the Presidential election process.  I have seen friends express fears, anxieties, and angst.  I have shared some of those.




As He often does, God comforted me with a song- "My Hope is Built". The first line of that great hymn says, "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness."

My hope is not in the President, not in the legislature, not in the pundits and the polls.  My hope is in Jesus. He is my rock and my salvation. And, that is all I need.



May you find peace in the days ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment