Thursday, November 5, 2015

Be Grateful Even When

Yesterday I talked about the surprise gift of Charlie in the church.



Today I want to share about my last day in the Smokies.

I got up early Sunday morning to take one last photo trip. I wanted to see if I could photograph a sunrise over a foggy valley.  Photographers often go out with a preconceived idea of what they would like to capture with the camera.




I made my way to an overlook on the Foothills parkway. I had shot there before and I knew I could see the sun coming up over the mountains and casting light into the valley below. I hoped for two things.  First I hoped for fog in the valley.  Second I hoped for the sun to break through the clouds.  I got neither!

But, I did meet another photographer there.  She was a local resident.  And, after waiting for the sunrise that wasn't, she told me she was going to another location nearby that usually had fog.  Aha! I asked if I could follow her there.  I figured one out of two was a pretty good day.  She agreed so we drove the few miles to Look Rock.

On the way I thanked God for sending the lady to lead me to a new location.




Hurray! There was fog.  There was lots of fog!  In fact after I took two photographs the fog exploded and I could not see the valley at all!  I have learned that photographers must expect the unexpected and be ready to shoot what is before you even if it is not what you set out to do.  So, I began to look around.



My friendly guide suggested a colorful tree that was in the parking lot.  Nope. Too much fog!

Tomorrow I will show you what I photographed.  As I took those images, I realized that they may be my favorites from the entire week.  Yep, I had no intention of taking them, but because I accepted the circumstances that God gave me I have some images that I am very thankful for.

Life is always better when we look for what He gives us, accept it gratefully, and move forward!

Not that I speak from want,
for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.
Philippians 4: 11


#GreatSmokySummit

No comments:

Post a Comment