Thursday, November 12, 2015

Playing Games




It is almost a year until the next election for President of the United States. I am already weary of hearing the politicians make their promises.




They are playing games with us!  They often say what they think we want to hear, or they say what they think will  do them no political harm.

One in particular reminds me of Sandra Bullock's character in "Miss Congeniality".  The message is constant - "I'm going to do this and it will be great!"  However, there is never any substance to back up how the great thing will be accomplished.  I keep waiting for him to say, as Bullock did, "world peace".

We must not let those empty promises deceive us.




As I have been thinking about the politicians' games, I began to think about playing games on a more individual, spiritual level.  And, of course, eventually God led me to ask myself, "Am I playing games with my Christian walk?"

Tough question.  I have work to do!


For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites;
and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting.
Romans 16:18

No comments:

Post a Comment