Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Perfect . . .

I have seen a limit to all perfection;
Psalms 119:96a
 

 
Photographers are always seeking the perfect. We want the perfect light, the perfect wind conditions, the perfect subject.  Yet, rarely do we find any of those things in perfection.  I have never found all of them to be perfect at the same time. 
 
 
 
So, knowing that there is no perfection, what should I do?  Should I never go out to a location and take a photograph?  After all, something about that experience will be less than perfect!
 
 
 

 
Quite the opposite.  As I often tell myself, you have to make lemonade. The creative photographer will go to a location, assess the conditions, the light, the subject and then use their talents and skills to find and capture the best image possible.
 
Oh how I wish we would react to, and treat, people that way.  No person is perfect. No person is going to please us 100% of the time.  Why must we focus on the small percentage of imperfection and throw away the wonderful opportunity for fellowship the remainder of the time?
 
I sure am glad God does not do that to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment