Monday, May 18, 2015

Who Lights Your Darkness?

 
For You light my lamp;
The Lord my God illumines my darkness.
Psalms 18:28
 
 
 

 Light is such a comfort.  It gives us security.  It reveals things to us.  I have never heard anyone say, "I'm afraid of the light!"


 
 
 
But, we must be careful which light to use as our lead.  The lights of the world can consume us and lead us in the wrong direction.
 
I am reminded of the sea turtles first journey.  A newly hatched sea turtle crawls out of the sand pit the mother dug on the beach and must find its way to the ocean if it is to survive.  How does a new born turtle know where the ocean is?  It follows the light.  The moon will reflect off of the water and create just enough light to lure the turtle to a safe haven. 
 
If the turtle is born in a developed area of the beach there is the danger that the lights of the buildings will be brighter than the light of the moon on the water.  When that happens the turtle is doomed.
 
Today, follow His light.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment