Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Being Still Is Hard

He says, "Be still and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."
Psalms 46:10
 


I have spent some time with my grandchildren in the last few days.  I watched as they played with their friends.  I was astounded at how they seemed to never be still.  It seemed like they were constantly up and down the stairs, in and out the door, back and forth between neighborhood homes.  It wore me out just watching.

As I reflected on their energy and their unstopping activity I thought about how many times we do the same thing in our lives.  We scramble and scurry from activity to activity.  We run here and there trying to "get it done".


 

Perhaps what we should really do is just be still!  There is comfort in simply letting God be God. 


 

Why do we never seem to fully grasp that?

No comments:

Post a Comment