Thursday, August 20, 2015

Love One Another

By this the love of God was manifested in us,
that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world
so that we might live through Him.
In this is love, not that we loved God,
but that He loved us and sent His Son
to be the propitiation for our sins. 
Beloved, if God so loved us,
we also ought to love one another.
1 John 4:9-11




I woke up in the night singing "God so loved the world,".  My first thought was, "Why don't I love Him back the same way?"

As I read posts on Facebook, see stories on the news, hear people talk, I am struck by how we don't really love each other.  We have become so polarized and self-centered. If someone holds different political, religious, or social views from us they are "stupid", "bigoted", "worthless", "ignorant" individuals.  And, we don't hesitate to share our ill feelings toward them.



There is so much in this world to be thankful and appreciative of.  I should not spend my days being negative about others.

A lot of people talk about tolerance.  But, I have learned they are really only willing to be tolerant of those who agree with their beliefs.




My prayer today is, "Lord, teach me to love those who disagree with me.  Show me how to live in this world for You.  Help me to see those who need to be loved. Amen."

1 comment:

  1. Amen Casey
    The age of social media has made it acceptable to say things about others and to others that we would never say to their face. All those things you mentioned are OK online. For people who are commanded to love one another, we sure are full of hate. I like your prayer and will pray that myself.

    ReplyDelete