Friday, August 28, 2015

Which Path To Take?

He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.
Psalms 23: 3




In life there are many paths.  Times come frequently when we must choose.  Do I go this way or do I go that way.

Often the world will be crowding around us, pushing or pulling, trying to influence our choice of paths.  Situations, circumstances, even friends, will be urging us to move in a certain direction.  The choices the world suggests are not always the best ones.




As a photographer I often make an image that has the subject in clear focus.  The rest of the image is blurred.  That makes the subject stand out clearly for the viewer.

If we always listen to God when we make our choices the paths will always be according to His will. Unfortunately, I often don't listen to Him, or at least my listening is influenced by the world.




My prayer today - Lord I long to let You be my guide.  I want You to make the right choices in focus. Help me to blur the world's choices and see only the path that You would have me walk. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment