Friday, August 21, 2015

What Lies Behind or What Lies Ahead?

I recently visited the Elkmont area of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.



At one time, before the park was established, there was a logging community there.  In the late part of the 19th century a group of wealthy folks from Knoxville began to build summer "cabins" in the area.  They even had a railroad to take them there.  The families would spend summers in the cabins to avoid the heat of Knoxville.



Some of the cabins, though abandoned, still remain today.  It is always fun to visit and wonder what it must have been like to spend the summer there.



I like old things.  I like to photograph abandoned things.  But, I live for the future!

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself 
yet to have taken hold of it.
But one thing I do: 
Forgetting what is behind and straining
toward  what is ahead,
I press on toward the goal
to win the prize for which
God has called me heavenward
in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3: 13, 14

No comments:

Post a Comment