Thursday, January 22, 2015

Reflected

 
Three Brothers, Yosemite National Park, CA
 
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face;
now I know in part, but then I will know fully
just as I have also been known.
1 Corinthians 13:12
 
Marathon Motor Works, Nashville, TN
 
Photography is all about light, reflected light. We "chase the light". We use phrases like "catch the light" and "capture the light". Why? Because light, as it reflects into our camera, is what makes the image.  Without light there is no photograph! With the wrong light there is no great photograph.

Starbucks, Franklin, TN
 
Yesterday I talked about getting out and seeing the splendor and majesty of this place we call home. I suggested that you experience God through the environment around you. And as I went through the day yesterday I did just that.  I also realized that what I was seeing and experiencing is just a little taste, just a reflection, of the glory of God.

 

State Historical Site, Bodie, CA
 
I listened to the song "I Can Only Imagine" and once again was reminded that some day we will all stand face to face with Him.  My favorite part of that song says,
 
"Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus, or in awe of You be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?"
 
Sometimes the reflected light takes my breath away. In the full presence of Him who created, and is, the Light, I don't think I can stand, I don't think I can speak, but I know that I can worship! I can only imagine!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment