Monday, January 12, 2015

Preparing for Spring

There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven.
 
Ecclesiastes 3:1
 
 
 
Winter is upon us.  Cold temperatures, leafless trees, short days.  It is a season that many do not enjoy.  Yet somehow I am reminded that it is a needed time.  Our environment needs winter.  The plants, the insect population, the very cycle of life in this place depends on a time of rest and restoration.
 
 
 
 

 


We need that time in our lives too.  Maybe we do not need months of rest, but there are times when we need spiritual rest as well as physical rest.  The big question I always need to ask myself is, "How do I use this time of rest?"  Am I restoring my soul? Am I preparing for the Spring, a time of new growth, new life, new callings? Or am I simply sitting dormant - decaying and desolate?
 

 
 
I pray that you will use the winters in you life to prepare for the Springs to follow.

1 comment: