Thursday, June 11, 2015

Be Prepared!

As a kid I loved being part of the Boy Scouts.  The hikes, the camp outs, the fellowship were all special to me.

I still remember the Boy Scout motto: Be prepared!

 
 
I also remember my mother and my Aunts spending many hours each summer canning and preserving fresh fruits and vegetables from the garden.  Not a lot of folks do that any more.  I wonder if they should?
 
 
 
I also wonder about people preparing themselves spiritually. Are we storing up in our heart and mind those things which will have eternal value? Or, are we living for ourselves and today? 
 
Do we prepare ourselves or do we rely on government to be prepared for us? I wonder?
 
 



 
Go to the ant, O sluggard,
Observe her ways and be wise,
Which, having no chief, officer, or ruler,
Prepares her food in the summer
and gathers her provision in the harvest.
Proverbs 6: 6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment