Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Getting the Whole Picture

Yes, I've been away from the blog for some time.  No, everything is fine. I made a choice.  And, I 'm glad I did. Thank you to those who missed me and inquired about my well being.

I've spent the last two weeks with my grandchildren. We played, we laughed, we expelled great amounts of energy.  It was a most wonderful, and at times exhausting, two weeks.

It was a blast and I miss them terribly now.




Sometimes what we see (or what we don't see) is not the whole picture.  We draw conclusions based on what we know, or what we think we might know.  Look again at the image above.  It is actually a reflection.  The image is a very large sculpture currently on display at Cheekwood Botanical Gardens in Nashville, TN.  Below you can see the actual sculpture.  The head above, taken from the other side of the pond, is the one on the left below.



Sometimes we not only see things that are not what we think, but we can also create things that are not what we intended.  The photograph below is one of those situations.  I was taking a photo after the sun went down.  The limited light required a very long exposure.  I did not pay careful attention and actually moved the camera before it had finished the photograph I intended.  While accidental, I kinda like the result.


Remember, you may not really see what you think you see and you may not get the results you expect.  But, enjoy the journey.  There is a greater reward at the end.

 
For now we see in a mirror dimly,
but then face to face;
1 Corinthians 13: 12a

No comments:

Post a Comment