Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Persistence

This past weekend Linda and I visited Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill, Kentucky.  It is one of our favorite places to go.  We always find it to be very peaceful and relaxing.




One of the many historic buildings, Center Family Dwelling, shown above, has this single dormer window on the third floor.  I have learned that the window was opened to allow "air conditioning" of the dwelling.  Every time we have visited Shaker Village, I have visited that window, only to find the stairway roped off.  I wanted to see that old lock up close and I wanted to see the view from up there.


Yet, on every visit I always check it out. Just in case.

This weekend was no different.  I made my way to the third floor and my persistence was rewarded.  The rope was gone.  The stairs were accessible.  I could finally photograph that lock. I could finally see out that window. 



What a surprise to find that there was actually a second window facing the back of the building.  I was immediately reminded of the scripture about asking, seeking, and knocking.  Persistence revealed a different view that I had never even imagined.  The image below is out that back window.


 
Don't stop asking, don't stop seeking, and don't stop knocking.  Your persistence will pay off.


 So I say to you, ask and it will be given to you;
seek, and you will find;
knock and it will be opened to you.
Luke 11:9




No comments:

Post a Comment