Monday, June 29, 2015

Be Still!

Be still, and know that I am God;
Psalms 46:10a
 
 
 
All day long I fretted.  I pondered.  I thought about it.  How would I deal with this issue which was consuming my mind?  How would I respond? What would I say? When would I say it?
 
On into the night it continued.
 
I was thankful for the mental interruption created by a long overdue visit with dear friends. We played a mindless game.  One that required no real thinking.  It's one of our favorites.  What does that tell you?
 
 
Then bedtime came.  The thoughts returned!  The planning, the thinking, AND, the praying.
 
After all that time of trying to figure it out, I finally yielded.  And, almost in the same moment, the solution came.  No, it wasn't a great elaborate plan.  It wasn't a process which I should begin.  It was the simple verse written above.  I was to be still.  I was to let go.  I was to release all my desires and ways to "fix" it!
 
I must admit that is not easy for me.  But, experience has taught me to listen when God speaks.  So, off to peaceful sleep I drifted.  Today there is a calmness in my spirit as I begin to wait and watch for how He will do what I could not.
 
Today I am content to be still and know!
 
 

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment