Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I Have Arrived . . . Or Have I?

Not that I have already obtained it
or have already become perfect,
but I press on so that
I may lay hold of that for which
I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:12
 
 
 
 
As I read Facebook, look at the news on TV, or read the newspaper, I see one common thread in all of the many debates that are going on in the world today.  Some are debates of worldly proportion, some are national, and some are local matters.

 
 
The common thread is "I am right!"  Therefore all others must be WRONG!!! I am perfect! I have ARRIVED!
 


 
 
We have become a world of "Meist".  That's "ME IST"  It's all about me!
 
Many of us often talk about the good old days.  We remember our childhood fondly.  Why is that?  Perhaps it is because back then everyone valued others.  We respected others property, we honored others opinions (I didn't say we agreed with every one of them), we accepted their differences.
 
Yes, there were exceptions so please don't bother to point that out. I am not talking about single instances.  I am talking about general attitudes and values.
 
A former pastor once said, "As soon as you think you have arrived, you are as far from being there as you will ever be."  There is wisdom in that.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment