Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Right Tool

 
 
My father-in-law was a carpenter, a real craftsman.  He could do amazing things with wood, brick, and mortar. I am grateful for the skills he taught me. His teaching equipped me for many DYI projects through the years.
 



But, he was only able to do those things if he had the right tools. And he not only chose those tools with care, he also protected those tools. He kept them clean and safe. He respected them.

You and I may not be craftsmen in the same way that my father-in-law was, but we are still building something.  Whatever we do, in our career, in our family, in our community, we are building. 



How are you equipping yourself for that?  Are you doing the job with the proper tools? Have you equipped yourself?

so that the man of God may be adequate,
equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment