Wednesday, February 11, 2015

On Cleansing

Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity
And cleanse me from my sin.
Psalms 51:2
 


David wrote those pleading words after he had sinned with Bathsheba.  He cried out for cleansing.


 

 There are times in my life when I must cry out to God to cleanse me.  And, just as the waters rush overt the rocks in a stream, His Spirit will flood me and make me "whiter than snow."


 
That cleansing is only the first step.  Later in Psalms 51 David implores the Lord to "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalms 51:10 He knew, and we all must know that once we are cleansed, we must change our heart and be for steadfast in our future.
 
Today, and every day, I pray that I will seek to be cleansed and purpose to create a new heart.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment