Friday, February 6, 2015

Seeing the Glory




Yosemite Valley viewed from Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park, CA

There is much grandeur in our nation.  Majestic mountains, lush valleys, sweeping plains, bustling cities, small towns, and farmlands all meld together to create this land.  I love to travel and see them all. It's fun, it's exciting, it's fulfilling.


Totems, Monument Valley, Navajo Tribal Lands, UT

Photographers talk a lot about "seeing".  When they are out in this land taking photographs they try to see the beauty, the unusualness, the uniqueness of where they are.  Then they try to capture that in their photographs.  Pursuing the craft of photography has helped me to see the world differently, even when I don't have a camera in my hands.  I have come to realize that every place, every moment, every day is filled with glorious beauty.  I just have to "see" it.

If you've had a bad day, or even a bad week, try seeing it differently.  Look for the glory that God has placed before you.  It may be a place, it may be a moment, it may be a smile from someone.  It is there. We just have to "see" it.

Canola Field, Adairsville, GA

I hope you find the glory in this day and every day to come.

 
Be exalted above the heavens, O God;
Let Your glory be above all the earth.
Psalms 57:11

1 comment: