Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Transformed

And do not be conformed to this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind,
Romans 12:2a
 

 
The transformation of a butterfly has intrigued many of us.  It starts out as one thing, a caterpillar, and ends up something totally different. 
 
 
 
There are two characteristics of the butterfly that are required for its life cycle to be completed.  First, it must submit.  If the caterpillar never submitted itself to spinning the chrysalis, then it could never undergo the transformation to become a butterfly. 
 
 
Second, at the time the butterfly exits the chrysalis, it must persevere.  That shell which has held it doesn't just fall off.  The butterfly has to work, and work very hard to extract itself.  Then is has to stretch its wings and allow them to dry before it can fly.


How many times in our live do we have to exhibit the same two characteristics?  Oh, how I often resist change!  But, if I am to grow and be what I should be, do what I should do, then I must submit to the change.  And, more times than not, facilitating that change requires work!

 
The rest of Romans 12: 2 says "so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." More than any time in my life, I see the need to avoid being conformed by the world.  I see the need for seeking to transform my myself to the will of God. Do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment