Monday, February 16, 2015

Trees




I really enjoy photographing trees.  I've seen all kinds.  Backyard trees, majestic Sequoias soaring hundreds of feet into the air, pine trees, trees battered by the weather, snow covered, blooming, covered in the glorious colors of fall, they all peak my interest.


 
Sometimes I wonder how those trees survive in the places I find them. 
 
 
 
 
Trees tolerate a lot of harsh conditions.  They do so by doing two things.  One is putting down deep roots.  Arborists tell us that the root system of a tree is often bigger than the part of the tree we see above ground.  The second thing that trees do to survive is learn to be content in all circumstances.  Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall - each season brings different challenges to a tree. 
 
 
 
To thrive the tree must adapt, concede, put on new growth, remain dormant. And, during all of those it must remain steadfast to the goal of life. They overcome floods, drought, heat, cold, and wind.  Yet, on they grow, steadily toward the sky.
 
I pray that I can be more like a tree.
 

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment