Monday, March 30, 2015

The Splendor of Spring

On the glorious splendor of Your majesty
And on Your wonderful works, I will meditate.
Psalms 145:5
 
 
 
I visited Bellingrath Gardens near Mobile, Alabama this weekend.  It is 65 acres of beauty!
 

 
 
 
Bellingrath Gardens was the home of Walter and Bessie Bellingrath.  Walter was one of the first 10 people to distribute Coca-Cola. They turned a fishing camp on the Fowl River into a wonderous estate filled with thousands of azaleas and other flowers.
 


 
 
As I walked these grounds with special friends I kept finding my self focusing not on the vast expanse and beauty of the massive azalea bushes, but on the small details of individual blossoms.
 


 
 
That is not to say that the azaleas were not worth the look, they were, and I enjoyed them.  It's just that, for me, the real beauty and wonder is in the details of God's handiwork.
 
I pray that today you will see, and meditate on, His creation, whether it's in the vastness or in the detail.



No comments:

Post a Comment