Thursday, April 9, 2015

Clear the Way!

Clear the way for the Lord in the wilderness;
Make smooth in the desert a highway for our God.
Isaiah 40:3
 
 
 
 
Moving makes you realize a lot of things! You see clearly how important friends are and how important family is.
 
You also see, too clearly, just how much STUFF you have.  Now I am not saying that stuff is bad, just that when you have a lot of stuff it makes moving a much more interesting experience.
 
 
 
As you empty drawers, clean out the attic, and begin to put your life in boxes, you gain a new perspective on all of it.  You discover artifacts of your life that you haven't thought about in years.  Memories come rushing back as you hold a picture of your mom or dad or play with one of your child's favorite baby toys. And, you ask yourself a lot of questions.  One being, WHY?
 
Why did you save that newspaper? Why didn't you dispose of that broken dish? Why did you ever even have that in the first place?



 
 
And, for me at least, you relate the clutter of the attic to how you allow the clutter of life to clog your mind and distract you from what is really important.  You examine, with fresh insight, your life and the relationships in it. 
 
Suddenly the things don't matter nearly as much as they apparently once did.
 
I think we do that with our faith too.  We let life's clutter get in the way of who we should be focusing upon.
 
I now have one more reason to be grateful for this move.  It has caused me to refocus and readjust my priorities. Once again I am answering three important questions. Where do I spend my time? Where do I spend my thoughts? And, where do I spend my money?
 
Seek the simpler things, the purer things, they are what truly makes life worth living. clear the way!



No comments:

Post a Comment