Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Consider It All Joy

Consider it all joy, my brethren,
when you encounter various trials,
knowing that the testing of your faith
produces endurance.
James 1:2,3
 
 

 El Capitan is a wonder to behold.  This vertical rock formation is about 3000 feet straight up!  Standing at the base of El Capitan can take your breath away.  Now consider that some people are not satisfied with standing at the base.  They actually climb that monolith!  I know many people, me included, who think the idea of dangling from the face of a sheer 3000 foot rock is ludicrous.

Why do they do it?  The answer to that eludes me.

But this I do know.  We all face mountains to climb in our lives.  We often find ourselves standing at the base of something that seems insurmountable.  Yet, with God's help we press on.

I pray for those who are looking at a mountain today.  May God give you the courage to overcome.


 
Look closely at the picture above.  Those two dots about one third of the way from the top center are persons climbing the face of El Capitan.
 
You too can climb your mountain!


No comments:

Post a Comment