Friday, April 10, 2015

In the Middle



 
 
I love the ocean.  There is just something so peaceful and relaxing about being near the water.  However, I am usually experiencing the ocean while standing on the shore, the edge of the ocean.
 
I hear a lot about Grace. Through the years I have heard many people try to describe Grace.  That's not an easy task.
 
Some years ago I heard a pastor on the radio give this explanation of Grace.  It remains my favorite to this day.  He said, "Grace is like a bottomless, shoreless sea.  And, no matter where you are, you are in the middle of His Grace."
 
Isn't that a comforting thought. In the middle! I like that it doesn't say I need to get in the middle.  It doesn't say that I must seek the middle.  And, my favorite, it doesn't say that I can get myself more in the middle. So, unlike my visits to the ocean, I can never be on the edge of God's Grace.
 
 
 
Then why do we sometimes feel like we are alone?  Why do we feel like the storm of life is about to consume us? 
 
 

I believe it's on us, not Him! We get so overwhelmed by circumstance and situation that we forget where we are and, more importantly, whose we are.
 
 
Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace,
so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:16
 


Draw near today knowing that you are in the middle of His grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment