Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Seed Sown

As he was sowing, some seed fell beside the road, . . .
Other seed fell on the rocky ground . . .
Other seed fell among the thorns, . . .
Other seeds fell into the good soil, . . .
Mark 4:4a, 5a, 7a, 8a
 
 
 
 
I heard a song recently that reminded me of the story of the seed.  And I wept as I was reminded that I am like one of those seeds.  Which one is up to me!  Unlike the seed sown by the farmer, I have a choice about where I grow. I can live my life in the harshness of the rocks; in the crowded, choking weeds; on hard ground; or in good soil.
 
One line from the song: The seed which falls on rock will wither and will die. The seed within good ground will flower and have life.
 
We all have a choice.  I choose to seek the good soil. I know that life will be fuller and happier if I  do.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment