Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Peace


Landscape photographers always try to do their primary work during what are called the golden hours of the day.  That is the one hour of time just after sunrise and just before sunset.


Usually those are the times of day when the light is the most pleasing.  You get long shadows, still water reflections, warm color in the sky.  All of those contribute to better images.


I personally am a sunrise shooter.  I love to be out there in the still quiet moments just before sunrise.  There is just something special about the quietness of that time.  Much of the world around you is still sleeping, or just beginning to come alive for the day.  The air is crisp and fresh.  It is special.


There is a peace about the beginning of the day.  Your mind is rested, your thoughts are uncluttered, your mistakes and/or struggles are ahead of you.  May your day begin with a time to be filled with His peace.


The Lord lift up His countenance on You,
And give you peace.
Numbers 6:26

2 comments:

  1. His stillness surrounds me; His peace stills my fears. In the quietness of the morning I know His presence. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about "as I walk in the garden alone, the dew is still on the roses". Lovely.

    ReplyDelete