Thursday, September 17, 2015

Another Harvest

The season is slowly changing.  The heat of summer is waning and the cool crispness of Autumn is approaching.  I love it!




This is the season of the year for which farmers work.  Harvest time is here.  Every day, as I drive through the countryside, I see tractors busily working in the field bringing the year's labor to an end.




There is a wonderful promise in Genesis.  After the flood God promised never again to destroy every living thing.

While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
And old and heat,
And summer and winter,
And day and night
Shall not cease.
Genesis 8:22

It is comforting to know that there will be tomorrows, there will be more harvests, there will be another summer.  The challenge is to remember that although those seasons are yet to come, my season may be over at any moment.  

Am I making the most of my seasons? Am I sowing and harvesting as God desires?


No comments:

Post a Comment