Thursday, September 24, 2015

Fame and Fortune

These uniforms were all worn by very famous baseball players.  In fact, they are on display at the National Baseball Hall of Fame.  If you are a baseball fan you probably can name each of the players.
Leave a comment if you think you can name them.



These men were famous.  They were heroes. They were "rich".




I don't want to talk about the lives of these men because I have never known any of them personally. Some of them have reputations that are admirable, some don't. This is not about the men, just the uniforms!




God has used these uniforms today to say to me, "What really matters?"




Do I lament that I never achieved the fame and fortune associated with being a "Hall of Famer"? Do I focus the rest of my days on seeking fame and fortune? And, at what costs?

Or do I seek to be the best husband, father, grandfather, friend, neighbor, servant that I can be?

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world
and forfeits his soul?
Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
Matthew 16: 26

No comments:

Post a Comment