Monday, September 7, 2015

What is Our Purpose?

I love to photograph flowers.  They are vibrant. They are delicate. They are beautiful creations.




Today, as I looked at these images from a garden in Vermont, I thought about the purpose of a flower. With all of it's beauty, being beautiful is not its purpose.  With all of it's vibrance, being bold and colorful is not its purpose.  The only purpose of a flower is to create seeds.  Seeds which will allow the species to continue.




I applied that to my life.  What is my purpose?  Why am I living?  I should not be living to look good (which I don't), to feel good, or even to be good!  I should be living so that others might come to know God and continue His work in future generations.




What is our purpose?

Splendor and majesty are before Him,
Strength and beauty are in His sanctuary.
Psalms 96: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment