Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Making Change

"There are things in my life that I need to change." Who hasn't said that?  It is true for all of us.  Yet, change seems very hard for us to do. Most of us talk about change a lot more than we actually make change.

Change is hard! Change can be painful.




The glassblower changes things.  He takes silica, heats it, and shapes it into something very different.



Are there things in our lives that need to be heated like that? I know there are in mine!


Lord, convict me of that which needs changing. Give me the courage to seek change where change is needed. Give me the strength to truly change.  Give me the determination to endure the heat. And, give me the result which will make me more useful to you. Amen.

So Jacob said to his household and all who were with him,
"Put away the foreign gods which are among you,
and purify yourselves and change your garments;
Genesis 35:2

No comments:

Post a Comment