Tuesday, September 15, 2015

What's In My Storehouse?

I love barns!  They come in all sizes and shapes.  But, they are all fun to photograph.





Barns are usually built for one main purpose.  They are for storing things.  They might hold hay, or feed, or animals, or farm equipment.  But, they all act as a storehouse for the farm.

I've been traveling through the Northeast recently.  I have seen some wonderful barns in Pennsylvania, Maine, Virginia, and other states.




I was struck by how some of the barns are beginning to look tired and worn.  I realized that they cannot store things forever.

I began to think about how we store up things - love, compassion, generosity, talents.  Why we store them I don't know.  There will come a day when they will be useless.




Have you ever asked yourself what you are storing and why?

Then he said, "This is what I will do: 
I will tear down my barns and build larger ones,
and there I will store all my grain and my goods.
Luke 12: 18

No comments:

Post a Comment